Wednesday, May 21, 2008
WiserWorker.com is dedicated to providing quality employment opportunities and resources to the largest demographic group in the country, Baby Boomers. Clients advertising on WiserWorker.com offer a variety of employment opportunities, both hourly and salaried. Paired with a national job fair series, WiserWorker.com features targeted job postings and a robust resource center for employers and job seekers.
Size of the Boomer and Senior Markets:
• 77 million people were born between 1946 and 1964, which is defined as the baby boomer era (U.S. Census).
• The first baby boomer turned 60 on January 1, 2006.
• An American turns 50 every 8 seconds — that's more than 10,000 people every day (AARP).
• By 2015, those aged 50 and older will represent 45% of the U.S. population (AARP).
• By 2030, the 65-plus population will double to about 71.5 million, and by 2050 will grow to 86.7 million people (U.S. Census).
Online Habits of Adults 50+
• As one-third of the 195.3 million Internet users in the U.S., adults aged 50+ represent the Web's largest constituency (Jupiter Research).
• 2/3 of Americans age 50-64 use the Internet (SeniorNet).
• Email is the most popular online activity among 50+ users, followed by web browsing, research, and shopping (ThirdAge and JWT Boom).
• 72 percent of baby boomers have broadband Internet in their homes (ThirdAge and JWT Boom).
• Adults 50+ spend an average of $7 billion online annually (SeniorNet).
• The Internet is the most important source of information for baby boomers when they make a major marketing purchase, such as automobiles or appliances (Zoomerang).
• 42% of all travel industry purchases happen online, and adults 50+ account for 80% of all luxury travel spending (Pew Internet and American Life Project).
• 82 percent of adults aged 50+ who use the Internet research health and wellness information online (Pew Internet and American Life Project).
If you are looking for post-retirement part time job to earn some extra cash or seeking to hire some experience workers who are flexible wiserworker.com would be a good place to check out and use.
Information provided by: Facts & Fiction about Baby Bloomers